Notary Services - Business


Witnessing documents / letters / forms​

Notaries witness all types of company or corporate documents, especially if they are going abroad. Here, witnessing, notarising, attesting, and certifying all mean more or less the same thing. Company documents are usually signed by a director who is registered at Companies House in Cardiff. In this case we search to confirm, and the notary confirms the director’s status in his certificate.


Certify certificate of incorporation​

Certify memo and articles / etc.​

Certifying certificate of incorporation / memo and articles / accounts / directors / shareholding / accounts / board resolution – certificate of good standing.

Companies routinely have to have their company documents notarised to conduct any business abroad. We can make a search, download the information, and prepare a notarial certificate of the up-to-date position on your company and its officers. This Notarial certificate takes the place of the ‘Certificate of good standing’ you may get from Companies House. We can certify the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles, registered address, directors, secretary (if any), last accounts filed, shareholding, and whether any action to strike off the company is pending.

You may be asked to notarise a copy of a board resolution that has been passed at a board meeting.


Powers of attorney​

A power of attorney is a deed (i.e. a very formal document). It should be signed by a full director – one registered at Companies House in Cardiff. Other employees of the company may have the title of ‘director’, eg. Finance director, sales director, etc.   However, additional documentation may be required to confirm authority to sign if such people sign and are not full directors. Sometimes, even Cardiff-registered directors may need to prove their authority.

We can advise on complying with what you have been asked to produce, dealing with legalisation, etc.

Affidavits and declarations​


These are usually signed by a director or by someone else with personal knowledge of the matters in question.

Opening an office abroad / charities​


To open an office abroad you may be asked for any of the documents 

You may need to appoint a country representative or a signatory to a foreign bank account, particularly if you are a charity.

Certificate of good standing ​


A Certificate of good standing is a certificate from Companies House confirming certain information about the company. This is useful for the UK. For abroad, a notarial company certificate after a company search is most often used instead. It can include whatever information you have to confirm to the overseas authorities. It is up-to-date, and it can include other confirmations as to UK law as it relates to companies. 

Certify product specification​


Before selling your products abroad, you may have to confirm their composition. This may involve declaring their chemical composition or ingredients.

Certificate of ultimate ownership​


Banks abroad sometimes require to know who is the ultimate owner of the shares in a company or companies with complicated structures. Directors may have to give notarised declarations of who the ultimate owners are.

Legalisation of documents / Apostille / embassy stamps​


Legalisation is explained here:

© 2017 by Peter Mantell

  • LinkedIn - White Circle